My story with... Maeve Willey's Reading List (Sex Education)


I watched/binged Sex Education when the second season came out. I was mesmerised by Maeve Willey, complex femail (and feminist) character. On some episodes I loved her and empathised with her, on some episodes I hated her because I felt her decisions did not make any sense and that she was being mean and selfish. 
The truth is that at the end I understood that she was really just like one of us, a real person (or a very real character), and just like you and me she made bad decisions. So I thought that I maybe had to learn a little bit more from someone like her.
Being a bookworm myself I thought that a good way to feel closer to her would be to read the books she read during the series. 
After looking for some lists on the Internet I thought about rewatching the series myself so I would not miss a single book, but then I found this webpage and realised someone had already done the job for me. 


I copy-pasted the list on this post so I can put a check on the books I finish so I will be continuously updating it. But please, if you are looking for the list just like I did, go check it from the person that really did the job. It is very worth it to check the webpage because there is a screenshot from every time she mentions a book in the series. 


Middlemarch by George Eliot

Silas Marner by George Eliot

Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri

A Passionate Apprentice: The Early Journals, 1897-1909 by Virginia Woolf

A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf

A Vindication of the Rights of Woman by Mary Wollstonecraft

The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath

Lady Susan by Jane Austen

Mansfield Park by Jane Austen

 Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen

Emma by Jane Austen

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Persuasion by Jane Austen

Northanger Abbey 
by Jane Austen

Love and Freindship: And Other Youthful Writings by Jane Austen

Othello by William Shakespeare
 



Comentaris

  1. Interessant ressenya, tindré en compte els teus consells! 🙋🏽‍♀️

    ResponElimina

Publica un comentari a l'entrada