My story with... Maeve Willey's Reading List (Sex Education)


I watched/binged Sex Education when the second season came out. I was mesmerised by Maeve Willey, complex femail (and feminist) character. On some episodes I loved her and empathised with her, on some episodes I hated her because I felt her decisions did not make any sense and that she was being mean and selfish. 
The truth is that at the end I understood that she was really just like one of us, a real person (or a very real character), and just like you and me she made bad decisions. So I thought that I maybe had to learn a little bit more from someone like her.
Being a bookworm myself I thought that a good way to feel closer to her would be to read the books she read during the series. 
After looking for some lists on the Internet I thought about rewatching the series myself so I would not miss a single book, but then I found this webpage and realised someone had already done the job for me. 


I copy-pasted the list on this post so I can put a check on the books I finish so I will be continuously updating it. But please, if you are looking for the list just like I did, go check it from the person that really did the job. It is very worth it to check the webpage because there is a screenshot from every time she mentions a book in the series. 


Middlemarch by George Eliot

Silas Marner by George Eliot

Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri

A Passionate Apprentice: The Early Journals, 1897-1909 by Virginia Woolf

A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf

A Vindication of the Rights of Woman by Mary Wollstonecraft

The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath

Lady Susan by Jane Austen

Mansfield Park by Jane Austen

 ✅Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen

Emma by Jane Austen

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Persuasion by Jane Austen

Northanger Abbey 
by Jane Austen

Love and Freindship: And Other Youthful Writings by Jane Austen

Othello by William Shakespeare
 



Comentaris

  1. Interessant ressenya, tindré en compte els teus consells! 🙋🏽‍♀️

    ResponElimina

Publica un comentari a l'entrada