The last book I read was another Agatha Christie’s mystery novel. Until now I have read The Murder of Roger Ackroyd, The Thirteen Problems and The Advenure of the Christmas Pudding.
I feel like it can't be said much about an Agatha Christie's novel without spoilers. This is why I decided that I will just answer some general questions so you can get an impression of the book.
- Poirot or Miss Marple? We don't see any of her famous detectives in Crooked House.
- Location: England, outside London, in a big luxurious house.
- What did you like best about this book? It takes place in a big house where a lot of people lives in. I liked reading about the distribution of the house and how every guest had personalized their own private rooms.
- What did you like least about this book? Sometimes in Agatha Christie's novels the characters are stereotyped and this makes it difficult to relate to them. It makes them less lovable. They are just a tool to develop the plot.
- What other books did this remind you of? Any other Agatha Christie's novels. If you feel like reading one of her novels, this is exactly what it is.
- Which characters in the book did you like best? Little Josephine goes against the rules. She is clever and outspoken.
- Which characters did you like least? Sofia, one of the most important characters. She is too serious.
- If you were making a movie of this book, who would you cast? There is a movie from this book already. I haven't watched it yet but now that I have read the book I can't wait.