Quotes from... Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll






🐇 'Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?'
'That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,' said the Cat.
'I don't much care where--' said Alice.
'Then it doesn't matter which way you go,'said the Cat.
'--so long as I get SOMEWHERE,' Alice added as an explanation.
'Oh, you're sure to do that,' said the Cat, 'if you only walk long enough.'
Alice felt that this could not be denied, so she tried another question. 
Chapter6. Page 57




🐇"I wonder how many miles I've fallen by this time?" she said aloud. "I must be getting somewhere near the center of the earth. Let me see: that would be four thousand miles down, I think –" (for, you see, Alice had learnt several things of this sort in her lessons in the school-room, and though this was not a very good opportunity for showing off her knowledge, as there was no one to listen to her, still it was good practice to say it over) "– yes, that's about the right distance – but then I wonder what Latitude or Longitude I've got to?" (Alice had not the slightest idea what Latitude was, or Longitude either, but she thought they were nice grand words to say.)
Alice. Chapter1. Page 3

Comentaris

  1. I like it very much! I read it a few years ago.

    ResponElimina
  2. Hola! Esta novela fantástica siempre me ha fascinado, así que nunca me he conformado con leerla solamente sino que toda versión, ya sea en película,juego o libro, que cae en mis manos es bienvenida por muy gore que ésta sea, y lo digo por el juego de PC, American McGee's Alice y su versión posterior (Alice: Madness Returns). Ya sé, un poco retorcido pero cuando se trata de este cuento no puedo evitarlo, jejje. Salu2

    ResponElimina
  3. Hello, this fantastic novel has always fascinated me, so I have never been satisfied with just reading it, but every version, whether in film, game or book, that falls into my hands is welcome, no matter how gore it is, and I say this for the PC game, American McGee's Alice and its later version (Alice: Madness Returns). I know, a bit twisted but when it comes to this story I can't help it, hehehe. Greetings.

    ResponElimina

Publica un comentari a l'entrada