👎 DNF (Books I Did Not Finish) in 2019 👎

👎👎👎👎👎(5/5)

One of the reasons why I don't read more books is mainly because many of the books I start I leave them unfinished. This is the list of the books I started in 2019 but I could not finish and why. Please feel free to tell me in the comments that I am wrong and why I should go finish these books.

 When Dimple Met Rishi (English Edition) eBook: Menon, Sandhya ...


 When Dimple Met Rishi 

I thought it would be interesting to learn more about how it is to be a teenager from another culture. Guess what, I did not find what I was looking for. I hated the characters and I felt the story was not realistic at all. 

Fourty pages in the book and I did not care anymore about what happened to them. 

 Call Me By Your Name: Amazon.es: Aciman, Andre, Aciman, Andre ...


 Call Me By Your Name

There was a huge hype around this book in the booktuber world so when I found it in the library I had to take it home. I couldn't stand the way it is written plus I thought the characters were playing a toxic love game. 

 Fangirl: Amazon.es: Rowell, Rainbow: Libros en idiomas extranjeros


Fangirl


Unrealistic and boring, I did not connect with the story. The main character was the stereotype of the weak female heroine that needs to be saved all the time and the things that happened to them were so obvious.
I was constantly rolling my eyes.

 The Neverending Story (A Puffin Book): Amazon.es: Ende, Michael ...


 The NeverEnding Story 

I had great expectations about this book since it is so famous and everyone seems to love it. But the fictional world created was too fantastic for me. I can deal with magic creatures but not with creatures so rare that I cannot even create an image of them in my mind.

 His Dark Materials: Northern Lights: Amazon.es: Pullman, Philip ...

 Northern Lights

I was ready for magic adventures and a new worldbuilding. I was expecting a light book to read since it is considered to be for kids. The worldbuilding was way too complicated, the characters started to pile up and I started to get lost so I lost interest on the story. 

 


⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️
I am very sorry if I insulted one of your favourite books. I am ready to hear any explanations on why you think I am wrong and why I should give any of these books a second chance. ❗❗

Comentaris

  1. De tots aquests llibres, l'únic que he llegit és el de Michael Ende i me va agradar molt. Però també val a dir que jo era molt jove i encara no coneixia el món literari que conec ara. Sol passar que segons edat i situacions et decantes més per uns llibres que per d'altres. Pot ser que en un altre moment el tornis a obrir i descobreixis tota la màgia que amaga la seva història.
    Besets.

    ResponElimina
  2. "Llámame por tu nombre" no lo he leído, aunque sí he visto la película. "La historia interminable" me gustó en su día, pero con el tiempo le he cogido manía.
    Un abrazo.

    ResponElimina
  3. ¡Hola! Interesante entrada, quizás me anime con mi lista de 2019. Tienes una nueva seguidora en el blog. Te dejo el mío: Lengua Sucinta ¡Nos leemos!

    ResponElimina
  4. Opino lo mismo que tú respecto a Fangirl, gracias, no es una opinión muy popular ^-^"
    Y paso de leer Call me by your name por que estoy 99,9% segura de que voy a opinar igual :')
    Con Neverending Story igual, me llama la atención y no me niego a leerlo pero creo que será demasiado fantástico para mí, así que lo seguiré aplazando.
    Un besazo

    ResponElimina
  5. I’m sorry these didn’t meet your expectations. I’m always sad when I don’t finish a book because I don’t like it cc
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ResponElimina
  6. Holaa!! no he leído ninguno de los que mencionas, pero The NeverEnding Story me llama muchísimo la atención. Me quedo por aquí, espero que puedas darte una vuelta por mi blog.

    Blessings!!

    ResponElimina
  7. Not everyone enjoys the same book. Some may like it, others may not.

    ResponElimina
  8. ¡Hola, bonita! ^^

    ¿Qué tal ha empezado la semana? Espero que genial :) Y... no te disculpes por abandonar libros :) Estás en tu perfecto derecho. De hecho, sería muy triste que a todo el mundo le gustaran las mismas historias; así que eso, si no te gustan a por otras cositas :D
    Vale, a ver, de los que comentas he leído 'Call me by your name' y 'Fangirl' y... no me odies, pero los dos me gustaron mucho :) El primero sí que es verdad que es muy intenso. Quiero decir, Elio tiene como una fijación un poco chunga con Oliver. No sé en qué punto te quedarías, pero para mí va mejorando a medida que se avanza en la historia :) 'Fangirl'... la protagonista, al principio, me ponía muy nerviosa. Vamos, no entendí que fuera tan... no sé, tía, tan así (qué expresión más lamentable, sí jajajajajaja) Cuando acepté que sencillamente era una persona terriblemente tímida no se me hizo tan pesado. Y... bueno, me gustó mucho la tranquilidad con la que estaba escrito :)
    El resto no los he leído, pero desde luego que los descarto ^^
    ¡Un besazo muy pero que MUY grande y que pases un maravillosa semana, guapísima! ^^

    ResponElimina
  9. Too many good books out there ~ read what you enjoy ~ ^_^

    Live each moment with love,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ResponElimina
  10. ¡Hola! Te comento que yo leí FanGirl y también tuve problemas con la protagonista. Me pareció muy insoportable y no la aguantaba, pero aún así terminé el libro. Es muy curioso porque sé que hay un montón de gente que ama este libro, pero la verdad yo no me enganché.
    ¡Besos!

    ResponElimina
  11. ¡Hola!
    Solo leí "Fangirl" entre los libros que no terminaste el año pasado y la verdad es que no encuentro ningún motivo para motivar su lectura JAJAJAJAJJAJJ Recuerdo haberla disfrutado mucho.
    Gracias por esta reseña sincera, los demás libros no los conocía, así que muy seguramente los deje pasar.
    Nos estamos leyendo, besos~

    Fiorella (Pequeños momentos con los libros).

    ResponElimina
  12. Hi!!
    I´ve only read Fangirl and I enjoyed it but I can understand why it can be difficult to finish. I am not even sure I could read it again now.
    The Neverending Story is one of those books you have on your bookshelf since forever. And I haven´t read it yet! I am not sure I will ever read it haha
    Good post!!!
    See you around ^^

    ResponElimina
  13. ¡Hola!,
    Yo intento no dejar libros sin terminar (es una manía XD. Siempre pienso que lo mismo mejoran y acaban por sorprenderme, aunque no suele ser así), pero a veces es inevitable abandonarlos.
    A mí tampoco me gustó Luces del norte, y eso que me parece una historia con potencial.
    Un besito de tinta y hasta pronto :D

    ResponElimina
  14. Hello again, I must comment on this post too because it reminded me that - as a fan of Oxford University Botanic Garden - I must find some Philip Pullman's books. I haven't read any of them!
    I believe his books are not really for children but for young adults... and even for not-so-young ones, like myself. :)
    xx

    ResponElimina
  15. Some books are overrated. Sometimes, we might like certain books at a certain age but then go back and wonder why we liked the story or characters. Its best to find those books you really enjoy!

    ResponElimina
  16. Hola!!
    Solo he leido Fangirl, no los otros los tengo pendiente de leer, que pena que no los hayas terminado.
    Besos💋💋💋

    ResponElimina
  17. Me matas con La Historia Interminable, que es mi libro favorito de toda la vida, pero bueno, es verdad que la fantasía que tiene es algo de otro mundo, jeje, y con la de libros que he dejado yo sin terminar, no soy nadie para quejarme
    Besos!

    ResponElimina
  18. Hurrah! Someone else who didn't love Northern Lights!!! I found it confusing, complicated and a bit dull in places. I loved the Polar Bears but not the characters. I really didn't enjoy the rest of the trilogy either. I'm not sure why I never DNFed the whole thing!

    ResponElimina

Publica un comentari a l'entrada