My thoughts on... Iacobus by Matilde Asensi



⭐⭐⭐⭐(4/5)
Let me start from the beginning. 👂 Last year I found the man of my dreams. (jaja I'm joking of course). It turns out I am quite interested on history and its unsolved mysteries and I unexpectedly found this book of essays: La ruta prohibida y otros enigmas de la historia. It's from a Spanish writer called Javier Sierra (💓) who is a journalist, writer and researcher. In this book he talks about many unsolved history mysteries like who built the pyramids or where is the lost continent of Atlantis. In one of the chapters he said he was on a work trip with his friend Matilde Asensi! visiting the place where the Last Supper suposedly took place. And of course I straight away went to search for Matilde Asensi and found out she writes as well about history and tries to develope her stories around unsolved mysteries. And I could not be luckier, I had one of her books at home. And I read it. And guess what, I loved it and now I want to read all her books. (And Javier Sierra's too.)

The book is called Iacobus which is a synonim for Santiago and the second part of the books actually happens in the Camino de Santiago. The first part of the book happens in France and it all developes around the disapearance of the Knights Templar in the 1312.
I really loved the book because it taught me a lot of things about the 13th century, the Knights Templar and the Knights Hospitaller.
The only thing I did not like and the reason why I am giving it four stars is beause the second part of the book felt merely descriptive and there was not a lot of action in the scene so it just got a little boring.

If you want to know more about the book you can check Matilde Asensi's webpage.

💭💭💭💭 Today it was kind of a longer review but I thought you would like to know a little bit more about me. 

 I like to take notes when I read books with a lot of dates and names. Am I the only one or do you do it as well?

By the way, I broke one of the plants while taking pictures for this post and guess who is the owner of the plant... My dad! 😂😂😂 I hope he does not realize otherwise he will be mad again, like last week when I got his Perfume book wet when I went to the beach 👿👿👿

Comentaris

  1. I read it time ago and I think it's a great book, but I disagree with the theory about the circulation of the blood around the body (I think it's was depeloped many years after the events told in the book).
    Thanks for your review. Matilde Asensi is a great writter.

    ResponElimina
  2. M'has convençut, crec que me'l llegiré i si en trobo del Javier Sierra, també.
    Salutacions i cuida't.

    ResponElimina
  3. ¡Hola! No conocía este libro, pero me lo llevo anotado. Gracias por tu reseña♥
    Besos.

    ResponElimina
  4. ¡Hola!
    No he leído nada de esta autora, aunque tengo su último libro esperando en la estantería, a ver si me animo.
    Gracias por seguir mi blog, ya tienes una nueva seguidora.
    Besitos :)

    ResponElimina
  5. Hola, hola. Yo soy como tú, me encanta descubrir estas clases de misterios, ¡Y no conocía este libro! Gracias por la reseña. Además, no he leído nada de la autora y veo que te gusta. Le echaré un ojo.
    Un besote.

    ResponElimina
  6. Holaa!! también me gusta leer sobre misterios y esa clase de cosas, así que sin duda me llevo el libro apuntado. Gracias por la reseña.

    Blessings!!

    ResponElimina
  7. No conocía al libro ni al autor ni nada XD
    Gracias por la reseña

    ResponElimina
  8. Hola.
    Pese a que tengo algunos de sus libros en casa aún no he leído ninguno, a ver cuando les llega el momento.
    Lo de tomar notas creo que lo hacemos unos cuantos.
    Un saludo.

    ResponElimina
  9. No soy muy fan de los libros de historia así que este lo dejo pasar. Soy incapaz de memorizar muchos nombres y fechas jajaja
    Besos!

    ResponElimina
  10. ¡Hola!

    Desconozco al libro y al autor, sinceramente, y aunque tenga mucha data interesante creo que no me apetece de momento.

    Gracias por la reseña, las fotos te quedaron muy lindas.

    Besos.

    ResponElimina
  11. Respostes
    1. Hi darling! I don't know why I can't comment or follow your blog. Aparently it is because I am from blogger and you are from Wordpress and they are asking me to create my own account on Wordpress everytime I try. :(

      Elimina
  12. Gracias por la reseña, me gusta como escribe esa autora veré que tal es ese libro. Te mando un beso y buen gin de semana

    ResponElimina
  13. The book sounds interesting, especially because it teaches you something.

    ResponElimina
  14. The book sounds interesting especially it it teaches you something.

    ResponElimina
  15. Hi. Thanks for your visit to me. I enjoy hearing from new people. I am so lucky to have good kids and I appreciate them. That is a succulent that you broke off and it will root again in some damp sand, I think. They supposedly are easy to grow. You could at least try it and your dad will be glad you tried!..Good luck..xxoJudy

    ResponElimina
  16. Interesting book, I will read it!
    Thanks for the comment on my blog, what about following each other?

    The World Of A Vet
    Bloglovin
    Instagram

    ResponElimina
  17. I am sure that I am not the first to tell you that your command of English is exemplary. I will look forward to seeing more of you.

    ResponElimina
  18. ¡Hola, bonita! ^^

    Ay, por favor, que me meo JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA Tu padre al final va a creer que lo haces a posta, tía xD No, ahora en serio, espero que no se enfadara y que todo esté guay :)
    Pues fíjate que no he leído nada de la autora, pero después de lo bien que lo dejas... ¡se viene apuntada! ^^ Y, por cierto, me parece una fantasía que te vayas apuntando cositas mientras lees para tenerlo todo claro, ¡qué organización! ^^ (Yo soy una vaga de manual, tía, fijo que no lo haría... o sea, a ver, lo intentaría, pero lo dejaría por perezosa xD).
    Siento que la segunda parte de la novela haya sido más bien tirando a descriptiva ^^" pero si en general ha sido una buena lectura, mejor que mejor :D
    Una reseña genial, bonita ^^
    ¡Un besazo muy pero que MUY grande y que pases un maravilloso fin de semana, guapísima! ^^

    ResponElimina
  19. Lo tengo en mi lista de "pendientes"... a ver si me da tiempo este mes...

    ResponElimina
  20. I loved the review. I didn't know that book.
    I keep making notes about books and saving my favorite quotes.
    xo
    http://www.dearlytay.com.br/

    ResponElimina
  21. Este tipo de libros me gustan mucho, así que me lo apunto. Gracias por tu recomendación.

    Besos

    ResponElimina
  22. Definitely an interesting book.
    Nice weekend.

    ResponElimina
  23. ¡Hola!
    Aún no he leído a Matilde Asensi. Iacobus está en mi lista de pendientes, me gustan las novelas históricas y me llama mucho la atención que la trama de este libro transcurre en el Camino de Santiago, sin duda una ruta de magia y misterio ;)
    Besos.

    ResponElimina
  24. Hola!! Me alegro de que hayas disfrutado con su lectura, no descarto darle una oportunidad más adelante. Tomo buena nota de tus impresiones lectoras. ¡Gran reseña y gracias por tu
    recomendación! Besos!!

    ResponElimina
  25. So great to hear about this book. Of course, I have not read it. I guess the only classic author I could think to compare it to would be Gabriel García Márquez (Columbian author) And I adore most of his work. Naturally, it took me too many years to get through 100 Years of Solitude. Awesome review!

    ResponElimina

Publica un comentari a l'entrada